Get an Estimate
Making changes to your home or business can be a large financial investment. As Urbieta Construction we make sure that our customers understand the demographics of the project to which they are about to commit by providing them with an estimate that details the work and material cost necessary to fulfill their project.
Prior to beginning any project, planning in advance is a MUST! We help our customers with a few things to do when getting started.
- Plan your project from start to finish. It’s wise to have architectural plans beforehand. Elaborate! At Urbieta Construction we can draw these plans for you.
- Be specific in explaining exactly what you want. Look in magazines for ideas. Allow yourself to daydream.
- Compare costs before making a financial commitment.
Selecting a Contractor
Selecting the right contractor for your project is the most IMPORTANT part of the remodeling process.
- Always solicit at least two or three estimates from prospective contractors. Limit your list to at least two, but no more than four contractors, too many can cause you to lose focus.
- Make sure that all the contractors’ estimates are based upon the same quality of materials, and building specifications.
- Ask the contractor for a list of referrals of past customers, and give them a call. Most customers are more than happy to accommodate you with information.
- Check to see if the contractor that you’ve solicited is a reputable professional. Call your local professional organization like NARI or the Better Business Bureau. Check with Workers Compensation to see if the contractor has liability insurance.
- Who will be doing the work? Employees? Subcontractors? Who wil be in charge of your jobs? To whom do you address your daily questions that are sure to arise? You may get along great with the sales person, but they are not the ones who will be doing your job.